Loony bin crates are such a multi user bin for homes that can become an essential part of every room. These are mostly built from old shipping pallets. Their enhanced usability makes them popular and attractive for the user. You may find many unique uses of pallet storage bin. These are inexpensive items that provide you plenty of ease. You also can make them at home if you are interested and have some basic tools and skills. Following steps can help you in making of diy pallet bin.
How to make a pallet diy storage bin
- Collect pallet wood according to your desired size of pallet bin. 24″ length x 15″ width x 12″ height is an overall accepted size.
- Arrange basic tools, nails, glue, sand paper, paint and varnish etc.
- Join these pallets to make a rectangular box. Use glue and nail for the strength of joints so that you can place heavy objects too.
- Make holes for holding the bin or you can fix handles on both widths of box.
- Apply paint and varnish coat to make the wooden pallet bin secure against damages from weathering or humidity in atmosphere.
- If you are using the bin in publically used areas of your home you can draw different patterns on box to perk up the looks.
Some crazy tips for use
Pallet storage bin can be used on side table in corridor or corner table in living room or lounge for displaying flowers having large stalks. In laundry room you may use them for holding dirty clothes. In children room these are excellent for holding their toys and also for keeping books. In kitchen you may use them for storage of vegetables and fruits which some time span for ripening. You may use pallet storage bin in bedroom for both storage and decor purposes.